Please review previous engagements. If your company has a real estate problem, chances are good that we have addressed and solved a similar problem, so call (708) 657-4264 for a free consultation.
- Research, deposition, and courtroom testimony for cases described under specific topics of Appraisal, Appraisal Review, Assessment, Brokerage, Contract, Environmental, Lost Earnings/Profits, and Market Analysis.
- Retail, industrial, office, and land.
- A utility and an internationally renowned domed stadium.
- One of the largest real estate portfolios in the United States.
- Trading floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- An industrial facility and a church activities building in Lubbock, Texas.
- Gasoline pipeline construction at a sensitive body of water in El Paso, Texas.
- Assisted in negotiating price of multiple waterway crossings by cable, natural gas, and oil companies in El Paso.
- Appraised major land portfolio in Palm Springs, CA.
- Appraised important office building in Irvine, CA.
- Approximately 100 reviews of appraisals on properties throughout the United States, including public utilities, hotels, apartments, land, offices, and shopping centers and malls.
- Referee for appraisals of lease renewals by Exxon, Inc.
- Exposed unprofessional practices of other appraisal “professionals.”
- Reviewed appraisals by a major firm in litigation by FDIC.
- Reviewed portfolio appraisals for retailers in bankruptcy.
- Provided professional assistance in successfully challenging the assessed tax valuations on land, industrial property, and apartments.
- Contrasted accounting for inventory with inventory valuation for a major manufacturer, a parts re-seller, and three large national retailers.
- Prepared report on fiduciary obligation of broker to client for selling land at residential price subject to commercial rezoning.
- Provided reports on lost earnings from injured real estate brokers.
- Testified as to a city’s obligation to purchase a utility subject to financing provisions.
- Appraisal case course for the American Society of Appraisers.
- Real estate fundamentals course for a Big Four accounting firm to offer to its real estate industry specialists.
- Real Estate Investment course for American Institute of CPAs.
- Caused by flood of major office building.
- Caused by contract to build 1,000 housing units withdrawn.
- Conducted preliminary investigations as to asbestos awareness within office buildings.
- Determined stigma associated with proximity to landfills.
- Provided research and testimony on behalf of a major oil company concerning gasoline leak migration to shopping center.
- Reviewed portfolios of major institutional real estate investors.
- Estimated damages due to disregard of loan commitments on the World Financial Center, a trophy office building in New York, known worldwide.
- Performed cash equivalent analysis for major hotel in California at above-market price and below-market municipal revenue bond financing.
- Provided testimony concerning financing available for shopping center in Louisiana.
- Demonstrated for a city how 17,000 acres of land within a major airport would have been developed if not for the airport.
- Report on value and use of property subject to partial condemnation.
- Estimated present value of lost earnings due to personal injury.
- Estimated present value of lost profits of retail businesses due to street construction in the Dallas Central Business District.
- Estimated lost profits to apartment rehabilitator in lender liability dispute.
- Report on value of services in zoning and annexation efforts.
- Performed market analysis of six apartment complexes in Dallas area for a major REIT.
- Performed market analysis of planned unit developments in Fort Worth and San Antonio.
- Performed market analysis of an office building in the Houston Central Business District.
Misappropriation of Investment Funds
- Research and report on the syndication of the Madison, a landmark New York office building, by Prudential Bache.
- Research and report on certain land flips in Texas under litigation by RTC.
- As subcontractor of a HUD grant to a major university to understand residential leaseholds, conducted extensive research that resulted in the introduction of a tax bill by Senator Inouye of Hawaii.
- Co-authored the unique Dictionary of Tax Terms and Barron’s Guide to Tax Terms, published by Barron’s Educational Series.
- Analyzed umbrella REIT taxation of basis carryover, services provided, and retention of REIT status in case involving enterprise value of regional mall.
- Taught two courses for the World Bank in Russia; for the American Society of Appraisers in Slovenia; and in various U.S. cities.
- Taught two courses as adjunct professor, Southern Methodist University.
- Featured as speaker for graduates of University of Minnesota–St. Cloud.
- Applied definition of the term redevelopment from co-authored dictionary to lease application.
- Prepared new editions of nine books in five years, including three business-section best sellers.
- Added six new titles in five years.
- Report concerning highest and best use of property down-zoning from apartments to single family.