Please review previous engagements. If your company has a real estate
problem, chances are good that we have addressed and solved a similar
problem, so call (972) 669-4999 for a free consultation.
- Research, deposition, and courtroom testimony for cases described
under specific topics of Appraisal, Appraisal Review, Assessment,
Brokerage, Contract, Environmental, Lost Earnings/Profits, and Market
- Retail, industrial, office, and land.
- A utility and an internationally renowned domed stadium.
- One of the largest real estate portfolios in the United States.
- Trading floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- An industrial facility and a church activities building in
- Gasoline pipeline construction at a sensitive body of water in El
- Assisted in negotiating price of multiple waterway crossings by
cable, natural gas, and oil companies in El Paso.
- Appraised major land portfolio in Palm Springs, CA.
- Appraised important office building in Irvine, CA.
- Approximately 100 reviews of appraisals on properties throughout
the United States, including public utilities, hotels, apartments,
land, offices, and shopping centers and malls.
- Referee for appraisals of lease renewals by Exxon, Inc.
- Exposed unprofessional practices of other appraisal
- Reviewed appraisals by a major firm in litigation by FDIC.
- Reviewed portfolio appraisals for retailers in bankruptcy.
- Provided professional assistance in successfully challenging the
assessed tax valuations on land, industrial property, and apartments.
- Contrasted accounting for inventory with inventory valuation for a
major manufacturer, a parts reseller, and three large national
- Prepared report on fiduciary obligation of broker to client for
selling land at residential price subject to commercial rezoning.
- Provided reports on lost earnings from injured real estate
- Testified as to a city’s obligation to purchase a utility subject
to financing provisions.
- Appraisal case course for the American Society of Appraisers.
- Real estate fundamentals course for a Big Five accounting firm to
offer to its real estate industry specialists.
- Real Estate Investment course for American Institute of CPAs.
- Caused by flood of major office building.
- Caused by contract to build 1,000 housing units withdrawn.
- Conducted preliminary investigations as to asbestos awareness
within office buildings.
- Determined stigma associated with proximity to landfills.
- Provided research and testimony on behalf of a major oil company
concerning gasoline leak migration to shopping center.
- Reviewed portfolios of major institutional real estate investors.
- Estimated damages due to disregard of loan commitments on the
World Financial Center, a trophy office building in New York, known
- Performed cash equivalent analysis for major hotel in California
at above-market price and below-market municipal revenue bond
- Provided testimony concerning financing available for shopping
center in Louisiana.
- Demonstrated for a city how 7,000 acres of land within a major
airport would have been developed if not for the airport.
- Report on value and use of property subject to partial
- Estimated present value of lost earnings due to personal injury.
- Estimated present value of lost profits of retail businesses due
to street construction in the Dallas Central Business District.
- Estimated lost profits to apartment rehabilitator in lender
- Report on value of services in zoning and annexation efforts.
- Performed market analysis of six apartment complexes in Dallas
area for a major REIT.
- Performed market analysis of planned unit developments in Fort
Worth and San Antonio.
- Performed market analysis of an office building in the Houston
Central Business District.
Misappropriation of Investment Funds
- Research and report on the syndication of the Madison, a landmark
New York office building, by Prudential Bache.
- Research and report on certain land flips in Texas under
litigation by RTC.
- As subcontractor of a HUD grant to a major university to
understand residential leaseholds, conducted extensive research that
resulted in the introduction of a tax bill by Senator Inouye of
- Co-authored the unique Dictionary of Tax Terms and
Barron’s Guide to Tax Terms, published by Barron’s Educational
- Analyzed umbrella REIT taxation of basis carryover, services
provided, and retention of REIT status in case involving enterprise
value of regional mall.
- Taught two courses for the World Bank in Russia; for the American
Society of Appraisers in Slovenia; and in various U.S. cities.
- Taught two courses as adjunct professor, Southern Methodist
- Featured as speaker for graduates of University of Minnesota–St.
- Applied definition of the term redevelopment from co-authored
dictionary to lease application.
- Prepared new editions of nine books in five years, including three
business-section best sellers.
- Added six new titles in five years.
- Report concerning highest and best use of property downzoning from
apartments to single family.
Jack P. Friedman,
Ph.D., CPA, ABV, MAI, ASA, CRE, FRICS
Office: 7815 Kilbride Lane
Dallas, TX 75248
Tel: (972) 233-0650 Fax: (972) 458-2774
Serving You |
| Resource Links |
Sample Articles |
| About Jack |