Please review previous engagements. If your company has a real estate
problem, chances are good that we have addressed and solved a similar
problem, so call (972) 669-4999 for a free consultation.
- Research, deposition, and courtroom testimony for cases described
under specific topics of Appraisal, Appraisal Review, Assessment,
Brokerage, Contract, Environmental, Lost Earnings/Profits, and Market
- Retail, industrial, office, and land.
- A utility and an internationally renowned domed stadium.
- One of the largest real estate portfolios in the United States.
- Trading floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- An industrial facility and a church activities building in
- Gasoline pipeline construction at a sensitive body of water in El
- Assisted in negotiating price of multiple waterway crossings by
cable, natural gas, and oil companies in El Paso.
- Appraised major land portfolio in Palm Springs, CA.
- Appraised important office building in Irvine, CA.
- Approximately 100 reviews of appraisals on properties throughout
the United States, including public utilities, hotels, apartments,
land, offices, and shopping centers and malls.
- Referee for appraisals of lease renewals by Exxon, Inc.
- Exposed unprofessional practices of other appraisal
- Reviewed appraisals by a major firm in litigation by FDIC.
- Reviewed portfolio appraisals for retailers in bankruptcy.
- Provided professional assistance in successfully challenging the
assessed tax valuations on land, industrial property, and apartments.
- Contrasted accounting for inventory with inventory valuation for a
major manufacturer, a parts reseller, and three large national
- Prepared report on fiduciary obligation of broker to client for
selling land at residential price subject to commercial rezoning.
- Provided reports on lost earnings from injured real estate
- Testified as to a city’s obligation to purchase a utility subject
to financing provisions.
- Appraisal case course for the American Society of Appraisers.
- Real estate fundamentals course for a Big Five accounting firm to
offer to its real estate industry specialists.
- Real Estate Investment course for American Institute of CPAs.
- Caused by flood of major office building.
- Caused by contract to build 1,000 housing units withdrawn.
- Conducted preliminary investigations as to asbestos awareness
within office buildings.
- Determined stigma associated with proximity to landfills.
- Provided research and testimony on behalf of a major oil company
concerning gasoline leak migration to shopping center.
- Reviewed portfolios of major institutional real estate investors.
- Estimated damages due to disregard of loan commitments on the
World Financial Center, a trophy office building in New York, known
- Performed cash equivalent analysis for major hotel in California
at above-market price and below-market municipal revenue bond
- Provided testimony concerning financing available for shopping
center in Louisiana.
- Demonstrated for a city how 7,000 acres of land within a major
airport would have been developed if not for the airport.
- Report on value and use of property subject to partial
- Estimated present value of lost earnings due to personal injury.
- Estimated present value of lost profits of retail businesses due
to street construction in the Dallas Central Business District.
- Estimated lost profits to apartment rehabilitator in lender
- Report on value of services in zoning and annexation efforts.
- Performed market analysis of six apartment complexes in Dallas
area for a major REIT.
- Performed market analysis of planned unit developments in Fort
Worth and San Antonio.
- Performed market analysis of an office building in the Houston
Central Business District.
Misappropriation of Investment Funds
- Research and report on the syndication of the Madison, a landmark
New York office building, by Prudential Bache.
- Research and report on certain land flips in Texas under
litigation by RTC.
- As subcontractor of a HUD grant to a major university to
understand residential leaseholds, conducted extensive research that
resulted in the introduction of a tax bill by Senator Inouye of
- Co-authored the unique Dictionary of Tax Terms and
Barron’s Guide to Tax Terms, published by Barron’s Educational
- Analyzed umbrella REIT taxation of basis carryover, services
provided, and retention of REIT status in case involving enterprise
value of regional mall.
- Taught two courses for the World Bank in Russia; for the American
Society of Appraisers in Slovenia; and in various U.S. cities.
- Taught two courses as adjunct professor, Southern Methodist
- Featured as speaker for graduates of University of Minnesota–St.
- Applied definition of the term redevelopment from co-authored
dictionary to lease application.
- Prepared new editions of nine books in five years, including three
business-section best sellers.
- Added six new titles in five years.
- Report concerning highest and best use of property downzoning from
apartments to single family.
Jack P. Friedman,
Ph.D., CPA, ABV, MAI, ASA, CRE, FRICS
1147 Park Avenue
River Forest, IL 60305
Tel: (708) 657-4264
Serving You |
| Resource Links |
Sample Articles |
| About Jack |